A straight, beautiful smile can enhance you quality of life and is an investment in your future. With our knowledgeable orthodontist and staff, along with the state-of-the-art technology, it’s easy to obtain your desired smile and gain confidence—for life!
The Self-Ligating Bracket System are designed to create beautiful smiles with low pressure, low force, and low friction. It can give you an amazing smile with maximum comfort and a reduction in treatment length by an average of four months.
What are Self-Ligating Braces?
Self-ligating braces are different from traditional braces as they do not require elastic ties to hold the archwire in the bracket slot. The placement of elastic ties on traditional braces puts unnecessary pressure and increased friction on your teeth. Instead of elastic ties, the Self-Ligating Bracket System feature a sliding gate that opens and closes to engage the wire, allowing the teeth to move more quickly, more easily, and more comfortably than conventional braces.1 The light forces of self-ligating braces are more compatible with your body than traditional, high-force brackets and allow for more efficient treatment and improved comfort.
Eight Reasons To Smile Confidently Self-Ligating Braces
The Bracket System ensures the most comfortable, effective, and fastest treatment available. Check out some more reasons why the Bracket System will make you smile!
- Aesthetic Options: You have the choice of traditional metal braces or our “Clear” aesthetic braces to show off your smile during treatment!
- Fewer Office Visits: Fewer appointments on average compared to traditional brackets, which gives you more time to enjoy your regular activities.*
- Shorter Treatment Time: Passive Self-Ligating system allows for less time in braces.
- Shorter Office Visits: With no need to change the elastic ties, office visits are quicker and more enjoyable.
- Increased Comfort: Reduced pressure on your teeth, along with smooth, rounded edges means enhanced comfort and virtually no irritation.
- Sleek, Low-Profile Design: Avoid the irritation and bulky feeling caused by conventional braces with elastic ties.
- Low Force, Less Friction: Free-sliding technology with low force moves your teeth quickly, naturally, and more comfortably than traditional braces.
- Good Oral Hygiene: It is much easier to keep your teeth clean and free of debris, resulting in improved oral hygiene.
We’re proud to offer the Self-Ligating Bracket System to patients of all ages, and we’re happy to answer any questions you may have about this technologically advanced orthodontic treatment option.
1 Based on the study “Self-ligating brackets: where are we now” N.W.T. Harradine, Journal of Clinical Orthodontics, 2003
2 Based on the study “Self-Ligation in the year 2000, a comparative assessment of conventional and self-ligation bracket systems objective” Berger J., JCO, 2000